It’s official! It’s summer!
Beach days, swimming pool parties, river day cruises with friends…all of which share sun and water in common. To make these days extra special, summer hacks are good to know.
In addition to the obvious of putting on sunscreen, there are several other hints to make your day exactly as you want it to be. Did you know that putting on baby powder will get rid of sand? Just sprinkle on your skin when you are ready to get back into the car or go indoors to grab that iced drink and sand will almost virtually disappear. Along with this, a dryer sheet works wonders to get the sand off your clothes.
Other summer hacks for making your summer days just as it should be include these:
- Freeze aloe in cubes to get “instant’ relief for sunburned places that may have been missed in an application of sunscreen.
- Wash and freeze seedless grapes. They are irresistible and also help with keeping you hydrated.
- Bounce dryer sheets repel gnats. Stick one nearby your chair or in a pocket and no gnats around you.
- A dab of toothpaste on a mosquito bite will take away the sting and also itchiness.
- Soak a fresh sponge in water, toss in zip lock bag, and leave in your freezer. When there is unbearable heat, take it out and rest on the forehead, on your wrists and or the back of your neck. You will cool down without getting soaked.
- Freeze a Gatorade, take it out of the cooler about 20 minutes before you plan to drink, open slowly and it is a slushie. You can do the same with juice boxes.
- If you have little ones, make a kiddie pool at the beach by digging a hole and lining it with a shower curtain liner. You can fill it with water and or toys and you have your own kiddie pool.
- Use a cupcake holder as a popsicle drip holder. It will catch drips and keep from making messes.
- Clean out an old lotion bottle and put phone, money, and keys in it to keep them safe and dry.
- My favorite new beach ‘towel’ is found here. The sand cloud towels are designed to have sand slide right off (cool!), are lightweight, and come in super fun designs. The best part is the company donates 10% of all proceeds to saving marine life.
- And this last beach hack might seem like a no-brainer to most of you that have lived by the beach all your life, but for those of you like me, invest in a beach cart. My favorite is found here. It’s a great way to carry all your beach gear: cooler, umbrella, towels/blanket, snacks, and all those toys!
- Bonus: This umbrella hook is a great way to get some of your items off the sand.
These are a few simple but effective summer hacks that will make those summer days just a bit more relaxing, and carefree. Enjoy your summer beachy days.